Full Time Professor
Department of Chemistry
Division of Exact and Natural Sciences
University of Guanajuato
Noria Alta S/N, 36050, Guanajuato, Gto., México
Office Phone: +52 473 73 2 00 06 ext 1418
César Rogelio Solorio Alvarado
Professor César R. Solorio Alvarado was born in La Piedad, Michoacán, Mexico. He obtained his B.S. (in 2004) and M.S. (2007) in chemistry, from the University of Guanajuato, under the guidance Dr. Eduardo Peña Cabrera. He received his PhD from the Institute of Chemical Research of Catalonia, Spain in 2011 under the supervision of Professor Antonio M. Echavarren. He developed the Retro-Buchner reaction by the discovery of the generation of free gold carbenes by the retro-cyclopropanation reaction from cycloheptatriene. He obtained the PhD degree with the highest honours as "Excelente cum laude" and PhD with European mention in 2011. After that, he moved at the University of Kyoto, Japan in 2011 under the supervision of Professor Keiji Maruoka. where he carried out his postdoctoral research on the topic hypervalent iodine(III) chemistry developing new reagents for C-H activation. He joined the department of chemistry at the university of Guanajuato as a full-time associate professor B in 2012.
· Member of national investigators system. Level 1. CONACyT, Mexico (2018).
· Preferential PRODEP profile D (2017).
· Candidate for the national system of investigators, CONACyT, Mexico (2012).
· "Excelente cum laude" in PhD thesis (2011).
· European mention in PhD degree (2011).
· Poster presentation award, IX edition of the Eli Lilly research awards for PhD students (2011).
· State award for youth merit of the state of Michoacán, science and technology, category B. Mexico (2011).